Wed 7 September 2016
Property News | Buying a House in Spain – The Legal Step
Buying a House in Spain – The Legal Step.
September 7, 2016
Investing in a property overseas should be an exciting and emotional process. Finding the right agent who will listen intently and work towards helping you find the right property is equally important as the next stage of the buying process. The legal steps.
Buying Spanish property is similar to buying property in northern Europe. It’s a combination of finding the right property, settling on a price and going through a number of legal and financial procedures that may seem complicated but are in fact quite logical.
Buying a house should be an exciting and enjoyable experience that’s why we recommend you have a legal advisor on board from the beginning.
A legal advisor will help you with the following steps
- Preparing and negotiating the private purchase contract for residential or commercial properties
- Carrying out the legal checks on the property you are acquiring
- Detailing the costs and taxes involved in the transaction
- Paying on your behalf the costs and taxes involved in transaction
- Assisting you with your NIE number
- Preparing the power of attorney in case you cannot be present
- Registering the property in the Land Registry Office
- Assisting you at the Notary when signing the title deeds
- Assisting you with the banks in order to finance your purchase
- Assisting you with the change in ownership of all the bills, supplies and taxes concerning the property, and if you wish, we will arrange direct debiting of those bills (direct payment made by your own bank in Spain).
- Jacaranda Spain are specialist agents and we use Marti Assessors who provide a full investigation on every property we sell! This breeds confidence with buyer and seller and in return we have happy customers who recommend us.